This 2019 ¡Soy Unica! ¡Soy Latina! Rally will take place on Saturday May 18th at Roberts Wesleyan College.
The theme for the 2019 ¡Soy Unica! ¡Soy Latina! Girls Rally is Salud y Bienestar (Health & Wellness). Workshops and activities will focus the importance of being healthy Latina girls—highlighting areas of wellness, mental and physical health.
This event empowers Latinas ages from 7 to 18, encouraging them to feel good about themselves and be proud to be Latinas. They will learn the importance of being healthy Latina girls. Workshops and activities will focus on areas of health, wellness, mental and physical health. It is an opportunity for young girls to celebrate who they are, with other girls just like them, and learn about ¡Soy Unica! ¡Soy Latina! (SUSL) information and resources.
During the event, the girls enjoy of a healthy breakfast and lunch. They participate in a pep rally with their event “Madrina”, who gets them all fired up ready for the day. A typical rally includes music, dance, raffles, workshops, and fun activities, such a “Quinceañero finale“, a fashion show with a display of elegant party gowns for young Latinas. The girls also get a tour of the College/University hosting the event.
Participants ages 7 to 13 need to be accompanied by a female guardian.
You can visit the ¡Soy Unica! ¡Soy Latina! Rally event page where you can read more about the rally and how it got started. We will be adding more related information to this page as we get closer to the event.
SOLD OUT! REGISTRATION IS CLOSED.
Host Educational Organization
Roberts Wesleyan College Support Staff/Liaison
- Lisa DeVinney
- Sady Fisher, Director of Inclusion, Diversity & Equity at Excellus BCBS
Mistress of Ceremony (M.C.)
- Yesenia Ramos-Torres, Director Of Corporate Operations at PathStone Corporation.
Thank you! 😊
Thank you! 😊
Thank you! 😊
- Marissa Vazquez
- Maridelis Morales –
- Kelly Mullaney – Working Art Media
- JuliAnna Patino –
2019 Rally Organizing Committee
Jeanette Perez Colby – University of Rochester
- Berlin Bermudez (Parents Workshops, Fundraising) – University of Rochester
- Isabel Cordova (Advisor, Workshops) – Nazareth College
- I. Geena Cruz (Fundraising) – Consultant & Community Advocate
- Valeria Delgado (Workshops)
- Jessica Guzman Rea (Community/Vendors Fair) – U. of R. Paul J. Burgett Intercultural Center
- Maria Vazquez-Ramirez (Workshops)
- Lisa DeVinney (College Liaison) – Roberts Wesleyan College
- Frederique Thomas (Registration & Volunteers) – Omega Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.
Teen Committee Mentors
- Crystal Morales – Warner School Education at the University of Rochester
- Juana Vega – St. John Fisher College